Sunday, July 28, 2019

Dreaming and Espiritismo

Long before I knew what Espiritismo was, or had any interest in it, I was a dreamer. I still am. I can in fact recall the time when my dreams decided to initiate me into another world in earnest. That marked my first glimmer of awareness of something more.

I was about 9 years old, and had gone through several days of illness. It wasn't the first time, nor the last. It was however the occasion in which my dreams were carried to a new level. 

At that time, largely bedridden, and with a touch of fever which at least seemed to spike the intensity of the dreams, I embarked on a series of dreams that took me from familiar places to underground worlds and Oz-like scenes of wonder and adventure. It was then that I first experienced solo flight (without any mechanical assistance) and serial dreams which resumed night after night.

Dreams have, a half century later never deserted me. They remain the method by which, despite initiations into various religious and magical traditions, and study of various forms of divination, spirit communicates with me in ways I find most satisfying. 

In dreams, both at night and while awake, the spirits that walk with me communicate, often at length. Spirits have come to teach as well. There was an old Congo who taught me in front of his nkisi on the floor, a class I attended on literal shape shifting (which still requires discipline at the dinner table in waking life) and a woman in a business suit who came to teach me how to throw bones. Dreaming is for me, and for many who practice Espiritismo and Bantu religions, the most consistant means of communion with spirit. 

As one of my spirits remarked once, "When we descend in possession, we visit your world, but when you dream, you visit ours."

TODAY ONLY: To schedule a reading to find out which spirits walk with you in Espiritismo Cruzado, pm Eoghan Craig Ballard on Facebook Messenger to get the particulars. If you pay today (Sun. July 28, 2019) I will extend a $25 discount off my regular fee for a one hour reading.



No comments: